Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
Ok -- other things that I've wanted to do and will be able to do that with this project.

Take some of the concepts of Joel Greenblatt -- pre-magic formula. There is a long/slightly confusing/redundant set of notes that were taking from Mr. Greenblatt's securities course. I believe these will be very helpful in our educational travels.

A fellow TMFer here has posted them. I think its a great reference and would urge anyone interested in analysis to have a look. [One of my goals will be to re-write the notes in a more concise manner.]

http://www.rbcpa.com/Complete_note_%20on_Specia_%20Situation...

Interesting the blend between Greenblatt's later "magic formula" versus his more concentrated portfolio -- which was the basis for "You Can Be a Stock Market Genius". I believe we can use it as a source for finding ideas.

I also think the numbers and concepts will help better solidify the process of valuation/quality that was missing from the original Bore Portfolio strategy and more in line with Dale and Alex's redo of the port in 1998.

chessburger
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement