UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Amatorem Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 27836  
Subject: Re: Best Brokers for DRIPS Date: 11/18/2011 12:26 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Ok. So, 30 minutes later I think I have a decent answer to my own question:

The SEC helpfully tells you the various ways in which to hold shares:

Of the two ways to get the shares registered in your name the Direct Registration System seems to make the most sense so that you don't have to hold physical certificates and you avoid the fees brokerage firms charge for issuing/depositing certificates.

Next step is to find a discount brokerage firm that participates in the DRS and allowes (free?) transfers.

Scottrade seems to meet this criteria: "No-cost, value added services include:... Incoming / outgoing direct registration system (DRS)"

Hope this helps somebody else and if anybody can find a less expesive way to accomplish this, please let me know!
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next


Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

An Interesting Read
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.