No. of Recommendations: 0
A run down - and I hope you can help, been using Q since I think 98...

Account issue:
401K through Fidelity - (which is why I upgraded, just to be able to download - forced to do so)

Now in doing downloads it's taking the 'cash' out of the 401 account.

This results in a Negative cash balance since I haven't ever (since 1998) bothered with transferring $ from paycheck, especially since the company does a match - too much work.
I have gone into the account editing properties, and there's a new button, source of cash or something. Appears I have to choose something - can't choose nothing?

I probably could start a dummy account to just subtract from, but why. This is from '98 and I need all the important transactions...hate to add another account -

Just want to be able to track 401 performance.
As long as I could see that my company put dollars in and the amount in isn't grossly off - it was good enough.

Searched Q help, haven't come up with a lot
Hope you can help!

tks
nag
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement