UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (39) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: shortcd Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308411  
Subject: Re: in debt and over limit - help! Date: 7/16/2001 9:53 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Ok, so I must not have explained the fiance situation completely enough..he's really not that horrible of a person, and he is as fully aware as i am about our situation.

My fiance (Pete) and I have shared finances for over two years now. Instead of worrying about who pays more and who owes who, etc, we just combine our expenses and incomes, and pay what we can and what is most important at the time. Recently, though, we have tried to make it more of a point to use the business money for the business, and any of his profit plus my income for our living/personal expenses so that things are kept separate and legal for tax time. That way, his business takes care of itself first. He does fully understand our situation, and we are trying to work as hard as we can together to fix it (it's not just my worry). As for him getting a second job, we have discussed it, but because of the nature of his business, he needs to be available in the evenings also (he gets alot of appointments for evenings and weekends too for people who can't do it during work hours.

He has a whole set of expenses separate than our living expenses, since his buisness is in it's own building and separate from our house. We never use my credit cards anymore for anything, and he has 2 for the business that have small limits and are under control. Here are some of his buisness expenses, for example (so you see how fast his 3-5000 goes out)

Rent - 1200
Phone - 60
Employees - 1000
Business Loan - 600
Electricity - 130
Water - 30
Gas - 50
Credit Card payments - 150
Chemicals - 200-400
Tools - 200
Gas for driving - 30/wk (getting lower with lowering gas prices)
Insurance - 1500/year

So these are all of the types of things he needs to pay for before we know what is left over each month. He does always give me $$ in emergencies, such as when I can't make a car payment, or I need to make a cc payment on time and don't have $$, but we try to keep it separate as much as we can.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (39) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

The Future, or What's Left of It
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement