UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: DorothyM Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1932561  
Subject: Re: Palin's approval ratings nosediving... Date: 9/21/2008 8:23 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
OK - So I went to the link which told me as in the OP that Palin is tanking. But no numbers.

So I went to the ONLY link in the Huffington piece and that took me to the NYTimes article, the second paragraph of which is this:

By every indication, Ms. Palin seemed on the brink of producing a whole series of benefits for Mr. McCain. She could rally Republican base voters who have long been wary of Mr. McCain because of his positions on some issues. She could permit Mr. McCain to reach out to independent and perhaps even Democratic women voters upset at the nature of the Democratic contest that resulted in Mr. Obama defeating Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/19/us/politics/19pollcnd.html...

Then, waaaay down in the Times article I found this:

And the New York Times/CBS News poll found no evidence, at least to date, that Ms. Palin has allowed Mr. McCain to expand his appeal to women voters or independent voters. Polls taken immediately after the convention had found evidence of a sharp increase in support for Mr. McCain among white women, but this poll suggests that that effect was, so far at least, limited. White women were evenly divided between Mr. McCain and Mr. Obama; before the conventions, Mr. McCain led Mr. Obama among white women, 44 percent to 37 percent.

Using this to support "nosedive" might be comforting but seems to me to be a stretch.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

2013 Feste Award Voting Begins!
Who will win the 2013 Feste Award? Vote now for the Fool that most exemplifies the Fool Community mission of Learning Together!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

Reestablishing the Middle Class
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement