No. of Recommendations: 0
Ok, this is something I do know about. If you want to move your IRA you need to do what is known as a trustee to trustee transfer. That is, your bank will request from fidelity the funds from your ira for you. Once received they will deposit them as a "transfer contribution." That will preserve your '07 contribution, make sure there are no irs consequences and allow you to make '08 contributions as planned.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.