Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: HardCrash One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121921  
Subject: Re: How did *you* get your pet(s)? Date: 3/1/2000 5:16 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
OK... You got it...

As a computer hardware geek (now...), I've always had a dog in the family as a pet. This has been the case since the age of 4 or 5. A majority of them have been poodles (7 to be exact), with the last being a chocolate brown standard named Cadbury.

Well, Cadbury passed away about 5 years ago at the age of 14, and I still miss her. She was the last, and there have been no others since... Since then I always thought something was missing. I now know what was missing... PETS! Someone to love... and love you back... unconditionally...

Sandy, my girlfriend, and I had been discussing getting another dog in the family since Scotty, a Golden Retriever aged 5, seemed lonely, and shreds paper and other things around the home when we're not there. We had no lack of "kids" since we already had Scotty and 2 cats. I've always expressed, to Sandy, my love for the poodle breed and their intelligence, and she agreed that the next dog would be a poodle.

On Feb 12th, 2000, she found a listing in the local paper for poodles, so I made a call and setup a time that day to go see them. I needed to shower before we went and felt compelled to ask the Lord for a sign if this was to be the right one.

When we got to see the dogs, one was a 5 month old apricot standard pup and the other was a 1.5yr old standard white female. The pup was full of energy and always go-go-go... The 1.5yr old was much more docile and was quite thin. The abode they were in, I can only describe as "trailer trash". Conditions were very poor. During our conversations with the owner (not a breeder) we found out that the 5 month old was born on Sept 9th, 1999.

For those of you who may not know many things about "geekdom" or computers, there were some concerns about this particular day earlier in 1999. You see, four 9's (9-9-99) was a STOP code in some older computer programs/languages. This was ALL that I needed to hear. THIS WAS MY SIGN! We rescued the right one!

Her name is Ginger (snap) due to her color being very much like the color of the spice "ginger".

I'm now the proud father of a very energict standard poodle pup, and Scotty is happy also. He now has someone to really "play" with. Ashley and Misty, the two cats, are doing well with the new addition to the family. However, Ashley still has some reservations about the playfullness of Ginger. This is to be expected considering all the other "kids" are about 5 to 5.5 years old.

If you'd like to request a PIC (in JPG format) of any of our "kids", feel free to EMail me @ the address listed below...

C. Moore
aka: Seymore
aka: C.
c_moore_bcp@hotmail.com

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement