No. of Recommendations: 2
Okay. A neat trip is out of Jockey Ridge State Park, the place with the giant dunes.
If you drive to the South end of the park and make a right go to the end of the road and make a right into the back parking lot (free). You can put in right on the Sound Beach. Head North past the dune and into the quiet area with little development.

I prefer even quieter spots though.

Heading North, four miles past the Duck water tower is the Sanderling Resort on the right. Just past it on the left, there is a small parking lot with a wooden boat launch into the Sound. Parking is free and no hassles. Head North into the Audobon area and in minutes you will have total solitude with creeks and islands to explore. The are is something like 5,000 acres with a nature trail and a wildlife platform.

So far that is my favorite place to paddle there. I was out there a number of times last week.

Up at the lighthouse pull into the Whalehead Club and head to the boat launch where you will be able to offload the boats and park for free. Head South and view all of the sweet homes or as I prefer, head North and explore the islands. From the put in heading North the farthest island you will see to the Northeast is Monkey Island which is off limits to land but a very cool place to see.

I haven't been to either dining establishment but DS did go to Awful Arthurs last year with his GF. There was a huge wait but they were seated right away at the bar. He said the food was great.

I wish I was going back soon.

bigpix
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement