Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Okay, Here's what I read.

The August 2001 issue of Money Magazine Page 92 (bottom of page). It states " Other provisions of the new law will give workers greater control over their money. From 2002 on you'll be able to roll most types of employer-sponsored plans into another plan or an IRA and to roll an IRA into a new plan - if your employer permits such moves"

It didn't say anything about when you change jobs. I thought you were always able to switch it to a rollover IRA when you changed jobs, so that wouldn't be a new feature.

So, any more comments or any more information would be appreciated.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.