UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: TMF2Aruba Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308881  
Subject: Re: Interest rate happy dances Date: 5/20/2001 12:38 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Okay, I have half a happy dance and a full happy dance.

The interest rate on my "Bloodsucking Leech" Chase Visa card dropped from 22.9% to 17.9% for being paid on-time every month for six months. I don't carry a balance on it, which is why it's only half-happy, *heh*.

The interest rate on our line of credit dropped from 13.75% to 11.75% with all the Prime Rate cuts. It actually took effect in March, but, I didn't notice till tonight (I don't have much call for checking that screen in the online banking). This is particularly happy, because it's last in line for the snowball and it'll prolly drop again next "quarter"...which is almost as good as playing the BT game without the negatives. Plus, when we get the present card paid off, we'll be in a better position to *really* BT the line of credit and get a good rate. Oh, also, they didn't drop our minimum payment which means more goes to principle, so, we're paying *both* revolving accounts off faster without any actual change in what we pay!

Hi Gwen!

You're right! Lowered interest rates are a big reason for a Happy Dance, as the lower the interest, the more you save, and the faster those cards get paid off.

Congratulations, and keep at it! :-)

Tony
...but I still am...

Off2Aruba
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement