UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (34) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: MichaelRead Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Winner! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 10516  
Subject: Re: Accessories and Party Favors Date: 10/11/2012 11:59 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Okay my Boston Acoustic CR400 sub manual says:

As a general rule, the best results come from using the line level connections, where sound is passed from the preamplifier's outputs to the subwoofer. Many receivers and integrated amplifiers include "preamp out" RCA jacks on the back panel. You many use outputs labeled "preamp out" or "sub out". Either may be connected the subwoofer's line-level inputs.

Use an RCA cable to connect your system's sub out jack to one of the line level in jacks on the subwoofer. If your system lets you switch the sub out jack between a flat response of low-frequency-only signal, use the flat-response setting.

The drawing shows a single cable from the sub-out going to the Left line level in. Why not use the Right channel? Does this mean the sub has some internal circuitry that doesn't require the Right?

RM

One RCA tipped cable running from the new amp’s sub pre-out to the sub’s line level left input (which may be marked ‘mono’ or ‘LFE in’). Remove the speaker level wires entirely. When running the YPAO set the sub’s volume half way and the frequency level to uppermost. It will probably end up with a crossover of about 120 Hz.

The next section describes using the speaker terminals as I am now using. Wired this way, the subwoofer does not present any additional load to your amplifier

I assume I don't really need to worry about the load on the amp for the smallish size of my speakers, so I should use the sub out method? So I would remove the speaker wires from the sub entirely?

The load on the new amp is well within the amp’s power curve. Not a concern. When the sub is setup correctly you’ll only have the RCA cable attached. As above, remove the speaker level cables.

I don’t know of any speaker wire that is aluminum

I guess I should have been more specific. I've looked at a lot of speaker wire on Amazon and a lot of reviews say the wire they've gotten are copper clad aluminum. Cheaper to manufacture I'm sure. But I know I can get lamp cord.

Get lamp cord.

Any other stores in the area?

Just the other appliance store in Alpena (35 miles) and it only sells Sony AVRs. Best Buy is a 2.5 hour drive. ABC Warehouse is nearly 2 hours. And there's Wal-mart and K-mart. Have I mentioned I live in the sticks? ;-) I wasn't kidding.

LOST UPS DELIVERY MAN LIVED ON BERRIES IN MI

Reuters Arnold Belkink, a 20-year veteran of UPS, became disoriented making a delivery in Northern MI and spent four days finding his way back to civilization existing only on berries and tree back for sustenance. “I never thought I would see my family again,” he said.

“I was making a delivery – a large box of electronics – and returning to the main highway I missed several turns and found myself completely lost,” he said. Belkink was so at a loss as to which road to follow he decided to wait for a passing vehicle for directions but, in four days, no one passed by which is not unusual in MI.

Belkink was finally found by a hunting party who guided him back to a main route. He is now at home with his family.

© Reuters Fish and Deli

MichaelR
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (34) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
TMFDeej's CAPS Blog

Activist Investors Unlocking Value at LSB Industries?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement