Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (25) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: path40a Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 95875  
Subject: Re: Poll: Early MVP Candidates. Date: 12/1/2004 4:12 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Okay, Peyton Manning is easily the MVP this season given his gaudy statistics, his team's record, the fact that they wouldn't be where there are today if it wasn't for him, but ...

shouldn't Michael Vick at least have been one of your four choices before Other? I mean, the Falcons would be NOTHING without him. Last year, they were 5-11 only because Vick returned from injury to play in the last four games (and they won three of those!). The year before, with a healthy Vick, they won 10 games before they lost in cold of the (thankfully, former) Philadelphia zoo in the playoffs.

This year, with a healthy Vick, the Falcons are 9-2 thus far (with Seattle the only team left on their schedule with a winning record). Granted, they haven't played a difficult schedule so far either, though they did beat two possible AFC playoff teams (Denver @ Mile High & San Diego). Yes, they did get crushed @ K.C., but that was without Rod Coleman who means so much to their pass rush and is among the league leaders in sacks despite missing three games. That game may have been an anomaly (or, I could be in denial;-) given the fact that the Falcons beat two teams which beat K.C. this season.

Around here, however, you'd think Atlanta was (like the former, God rest his soul) Rodney Dangerfield or something. I know that everyone is tired of the Vick-hype machine, I know I am. BTW, did anyone else see Howie Long's rant following Atlanta's miraculous Vick to Algie Crumpler show at the end of this past Sunday's game. But still, there are a lot of teams who don't have a one-two(-three, counting Vick) backfield like Dunn & Duckett. Just think how good the Falcons could be if they had a top notch wide receiver. Their defense is pretty darn good against the run, ahead of N.E. & Baltimore in yds/game, despite giving up 269 yards to K.C. (take away K.C.'s 8 rushing TD's and they'd be on par with those teams in that statistic too).

I'm not saying the Falcons are Super Bowl bound, but they at least deserve to be on everyone's short list, don't you think?
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (25) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement