Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (22) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: RAKEN Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1443  
Subject: Re: Raken develops a craps strategy Date: 9/11/2000 12:22 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Okay, the ball (so to speak) is in your court. What next?

We start betting, of course. I assume JK's Palace of Pleasure and Profit is open for business 24/7. It's time for the rigid, 'ha, ha, the odds are in my favor you pathetic delusional gambler' comp sim versus the cunning mind and gambling experience of Raken. My money's on the dude who covered Ill vs SDSU by 4 TD's. That Raken, he has, shall we say, mental health "issues" but 'stupid' ain't one of them.

Ok, here is the first "Raken Gonna Change Your Flinty Eyed Outlook" betting strategy:

1. Wait for 7 consecutive L's (can include 2's), then bet $10 on Pass.

2. If next trial (post 7 L's) is pass, put money in pocket and return to step 1.

3. If next trial (post 7 L's) is don't, bet $11 on pass.

4. If next trial (post 8 L's) is pass, put money in pocket and return to step 1.

5. If next trial (post 8 L's) is don't, eat your loss, curse the freakin' computer, and return to step 1.

This is a 1, 1.1 martingale placed on the pass line after 7 cons. L's. I didn't do it for the 7 cons. W's as well because there needs to be an adjustment made to your otherwise excellent presentation of results.

Change the 2 to represent only the 2 and 3 craps.
Add, shall we say, X to represent a 12 crap.

In the results you presented, it did not come into play but it certainly will in a larger sample. The house does not pay off a 12 crap don't bet (that's the house edge in craps). I'd like you to run Raken # 1 against 2 different size samples - a 500 trial and a 1,000,000 trial. I want to see if whatever Standard Deviations are built into the generator will result in a different percentage of > or = 8 cons. L's and W's versus 7.

Also, if it's not too much trouble, post the new 500 trial results so I can study it against the first 500 as I develop new strategies.

Raken
PS By mistake I downloaded the above pattern into my MP3 player. It kept repeating "Rick is right, Rick is right" until I smashed the damn thing to bits with a hammer
Tsk, tsk, it was trying to help you. You killed the messenger. Sigh. It's so hard getting through to those acolytes who worship in the Church of the Holy Numbers.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (22) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Mobileye's Growth too Hot?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement