UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: CaptainHaiku One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1206  
Subject: Re: SVU's new CEO and position decisions Date: 7/31/2012 1:10 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 4
Okay, typing this out has helped me think about this. The question, really, is has my investment thesis been busted? The whole thesis was that the company was turning itself around and that the debt-owners were pricing in success while the equity owners were not.

Hi Jim,

Our father posted recently on the MF Options boards about investing lessons from the poets. One part of the post was kind of funny and seems relevant here, so with his permission we reproduce it:

4. Do Not Change Your Investing Thesis to Match Changes in the Business.

When should you sell your stock in Uncle Sol’s farm?

my Uncle Sol's farm
failed because the chickens
ate the vegetables so
my Uncle Sol had a
chicken farm till the
skunks ate the chickens when

my Uncle Sol
had a skunk farm . . . .

ee Cummings

He had changed his name a lot – it is now ADrumlinDaisy; before he was MazonCreekRich and before that BrokeInTheBurgh.

Captain Haiku

Martha and Victoria

Who did not do haiku because who wants to compete with ee cummings?
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement