UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Fooletti Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 381  
Subject: Old Railroad Stock Certificates Date: 2/15/2006 4:54 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hello,

My Dad and I were looking through my grandma's stuff and came across some old stock certificates for the "Capital Stock of The Pennsylvania
Railroad Company". My grandma purchased the stocks between July 1955 and Feb 1958. Five of the certificates say they are registered in Philadelphia with the Irving Trust Company. One is registered with Girard Trust Corn Exchange Bank. Any insight on where to find out about their value, etc. would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Fooletti
Print the post Back To Top
Author: ihccab Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 365 of 381
Subject: Re: Old Railroad Stock Certificates Date: 2/16/2006 10:21 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hello Fooletti,

I did a search on Yahoo for Pennsylvania Railroad and found some interesting info. Look here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pennsylvania_Railroad

It appears they merged with the New York Central to become Penn Central. Lots of links there, and it could lead you to an answer. The stock certs may still be viable. Good luck.

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement