UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: intercst Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 59692  
Subject: Oldmansearch Date: 11/27/2012 4:00 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Son tells his 82-year-old Tea-Bagger father that Twitter is how you search things on Google.

...and hilarity ensues....

https://twitter.com/oldmansearch

intercst
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Volucris Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 46405 of 59692
Subject: Re: Oldmansearch Date: 11/27/2012 6:10 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
That is an stunningly cruel invasion of privacy.

Author: sykesix Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 46407 of 59692
Subject: Re: Oldmansearch Date: 11/27/2012 8:56 PM
Recommendations: 0
That is an stunningly cruel invasion of privacy.

Pretty obviously a joke.

Author: alstroemeria Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 46408 of 59692
Subject: Re: Oldmansearch Date: 11/28/2012 9:03 AM
I wouldn't mind anyone looking at my searches, though they are not the norm fer sure.

I'll be reading or listening to something on the radio or running across something on TV and start feeling the need for more info...a historical fact or era or person, a place, a philosophy, the etymology of a word...and most of these searches bring on additional searches. Some days, I spend most of my online time searching for one thing after another. I get into jags...a nation's history, Sanskrit vs Latin, indigenous people of somewhere, comparative religion, what's new in anthropology/archeology/astronomy? are a couple of plants that look alike actually related, history of mathematics, some aspect of personal finance or frugal shopping... once in a while I do a more typical search...did Bristol Palin ever get a job, go to school, get married or have more children? how old was Ann Romney when she became a blonde (image search)--before or after she got married? before or after she got gray hair? <meow!> Does Gwyneth Paltrow still publish her blog--any mroe recipes for healthy food? is so&so still a professional musician/music professor?

Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 46410 of 59692
Subject: Re: Oldmansearch Date: 11/28/2012 10:46 AM
Recommendations: 0
"I wouldn't mind anyone looking at my searches, though they are not the norm fer sure." - alstromeria

That was a funny post! Especially the part about Bristol Palin and Ann Romney. I doubt Bristol Palin ever got a real job. Like where you had to actually work. I worked at Burger King and Briarcliff Village Theatre in High School. Right after I got out of High School I got a job at Kraft Foods in Decatur, Georgia stacking boxes. I worked there for 9 months saving money for my first couple of quarters at the University of Georgia.

My searches on the computer are mostly about some very eclectic stuff, NDEs, Death Bed Visions, The Holographic Universe & Quantum Physics, birds, animals, paleoanthropology, looking at our online retirement account balances, and reading a few message boards.

Art

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement