UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: owt Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 373  
Subject: Re: PDAs Date: 11/18/2000 7:11 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
(Oliver puts his arm around Joe and goes for a walk)

So Joe, let's talk. I can tell you a little tale. When I was young I had one of those cool little papers with all my phone numbers and addresses of friends on it and I loved it. It was small, worked liked a charm and I did not have a meeting schedule anyway. I hated computers, liked my drums.

But a problem remained. From time to time, the piece of paper got too full because I put some other information on there or the addresses were too many. Then there is the problem if you put the piece of paper in your pocket and the edges get all broken a bit and suddenly the last numbers from your most important telephone number are missing.

Also if you come to a new year you suddenly have to put the data back in again. Or you find a better looking and better organized notepad and you want to change, you need to enter everything again. God, it drove me wild. I probably put down my names of friends with addresses and so on 10 times or so.

Then came the Palm Pro. I was sold. It is durable. It is light. It is easy to use. It let's me store and change and update all the addresses I have. It has a wonderful calender with alarm. It has games, which my notepad did not have. It has a ToDo list which can be prioritized and therefor let's me get all my duties done when they have to be done. It syncs with my computer and with the new service who's name I have forgotten I can even sync it with my mobile phone. It is always up to date. It can even let me check web sites, do light e-mail, connect to and administer servers if that is more of your thing, or do some IRC chats. It can also have a very good calculator for my physics classes. The list could go on and on. The wonderful thing is that this list is different for everyone as it is your palm and yours alone.

(Oliver pads Joe on the back 3 times)

So now go buy a Palm Joe. I suggest the Visor Platinium. And remember to have fun.

Oliver ;)
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Wireless Buyer's Guide Page
Shopping, or just curious? Everything you need to know about wireless and mobile communication is here.
Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement