Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 6
Stephen Mulkey, President of Unity College:
During the Q&A after my talk at the Delhi Sustainable Development Summit, a student in the audience asked me how I could justify making such clear statements about the unfolding catastrophe of climate change, while living in a country that was doing little to address the problem.

i answered that there was no ethical justification for this whatsoever. One thing stands out in my memory of the conference: As discouraged as the world is with the U.S., they remain hungry for us to lead. If we don't lead on climate change, nothing of substance will really happen.

Our failure to lead on this, the greatest challenge of our species, will nullify all of our great accomplishments in the record of history.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement