UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: WonderPup Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 137  
Subject: On Disclosure Date: 2/2/2001 10:51 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 6
A few thoughts on the disclosure policy:

Kudos to the Fool for finally putting a policy in place. For those who have posted here thinking that such a policy is groundbreaking and unique, it isn't. Your local newspaper likely has had a disclosure policy for years. Other financial websites have had disclosure policies in place before the Fool. In fact, both the newspapers and other websites probably have policies that are even more stringent than TMF's--but that isn't really the point. In my opinion, there is a much bigger difference between having a policy and not having one, than there is between one policy or another.

Please note that this policy has come about only after a long and significant outcry from Fools on these message boards taking TMF to task for their lack of a policy. This isn't something that just popped into the collective TMF heads one day--this is a battle that has been waged for a significant period of time. Disclosure policy rollout has been promised a few times before now, and has not been delivered. Frankly, I think a lot of damage has been done by not having a policy sooner.

I have also been among the more vocal community members when it comes to Fool disclosure. I have carried on this dialog both on the boards and through email with several TMF employees over time.

So, noting all of this, I would like to state to TMF: Nicely done. I'm glad there is now a policy in place. It does help your credibility, which is extremely valuable.

So, I submit that the cease fire has been signed now that the policy is in place. Time to move on. Thank you for finally instituting a policy.

--WonderPup
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Apple

Apple and Ninety Years Ago
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement