Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: PapaVers Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 202163  
Subject: On-Line Banking Security Date: 8/10/2002 4:03 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 4
I went on-line to check my bank account this afternoon and got this message. This bank must be concerned about the security holes in IE.

Alert!!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
It has been detected that you are using Internet Explorer for the Macintosh.
Currently this site does not support the use of Internet Explorer for the Macintosh.
In order to access this site from a Mac Operating System you will need to download
the Netscape Navigator Browser for Macs.

Please click on the link below and follow the directions for downloading Netscape Navigator.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: silco Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 75333 of 202163
Subject: Re: On-Line Banking Security Date: 8/10/2002 6:58 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Alert!!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
It has been detected that you are using Internet Explorer for the Macintosh.
Currently this site does not support the use of Internet Explorer for the Macintosh.
In order to access this site from a Mac Operating System you will need to download
the Netscape Navigator Browser for Macs.

Our U.K. and U.S. bank accounts (3) have ALWAYS USED Netscape and DO NOT INTEND using I.E. - - - also they do not plan to use I.E. even in the near future.

silco

Author: FoolBalance Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 75334 of 202163
Subject: Re: On-Line Banking Security Date: 8/10/2002 7:39 PM
Recommendations: 0
My bank, Wells Fargo, doesn't restrict me from using IE on the Mac.

Paul

Author: brians999 Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 75344 of 202163
Subject: Re: On-Line Banking Security Date: 8/11/2002 9:31 AM
My bank, Wells Fargo, doesn't restrict me from using IE on the Mac.

It's your money!

Author: hubert4delmes Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 75735 of 202163
Subject: Re: On-Line Banking Security Date: 8/16/2002 4:20 PM
The security problem is caused by windows os and not by IE,
as much as i found out.

faithful(ly)

Hubert

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement