UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: PucksFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 62065  
Subject: On Mauna Kea Looking Down Date: 11/23/2012 3:06 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Normally the big excitement at Hawaii's Mauna Kea observatory comes from looking up. Sometimes on the almost 14,000 ft. dormant volcano it comes from looking down.

http://ht.ly/fwUqB

PF (When we were there a few days before the summer solstice, the temperature at sunset was below freezing.)
Print the post Back To Top
Author: intercst Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 46352 of 62065
Subject: Re: On Mauna Kea Looking Down Date: 11/23/2012 6:58 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
I was on the Big Island for a week in Dec 2008 and took a tour to the Summit of Manuna Kea. A blizzard had closed the road above the 9,000 ft level where the astronomer's barracks are located, we couldn't go any further.

At least they gave me a 50% refund.

intercst

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement