Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Chacha Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 836  
Subject: Re: 30% Price -Appreciation-??? Date: 5/20/1997 10:08 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
On Mon, 19 May 97 14:50:12 -0600, Macko wrote:
<<>>Innovex really doesn't need any news. I have followed this stock for a long time. It's a really solid company right now with all the right numbers. During the last market drop during the pre-interest rate hike in March, the market continued to drop daily but Innovex kept creeping up because people who followed the stock were betting on good numbers coming out for the quarter which was soon to be announced. What I am getting at is that Innovex began popping up on 'Hot' lists and 'Gainers' list during a dow

n market. It continued to raise. When the quarter results were released alot of uneducated people felt that the stock had peaked already and we had a short lived sell off. Do a 7 year graph of this stock and you will be shocked that you didn't know about this stock a long time ago. It is one of the few stocks that Investor Business Daily rates as a 99-99. I feel we are in for another investor sell off but I think once again that it will be short. The hard drive giants need their products and they are becomi

ng more diversified as the years go by so hold on to it and retire in the Bahamas. Talk to you later, Chacha.

>>

While I'm certainly looking forward to retiring in the Bahamas...I'm also concerned about my mental health in the meantime. I've been looking at Innovex and decided to buy at $39, expecting it to drive ahead. All it's numbers and fundamentals looked fabulous, I had no reason to believe it should drop considerably. Now here I sit with INVX somewhere around $34, wondering what happened? I know all investments should be long-term, but I really can't figure out what is happening. Earnings and sales are up,

the company looks great. I'm not too concerned, since I'm sure Innovex will be a performer on the long-term considering it's strength, but can any industry insiders clue me in here? Thanks a bunch!

Curious Fool,

Michael

>>Hey just because I like the stock dose not mean it won't take you on an emotional roller coaster. It's a big mover so don't fear. I just bought more at 37 and am looking at 33 1/2 right now. Tech stocks are just that way. I work at a Motorola Semiconductor Plant in CA and it's been flopping around the same way. Western Digital is another one. The brokerages just upped their ratings on the hard disk drive makers last week. These are Innovex's customers so they usually follow suit in a time delay manner. Don't fret, just a couple of months ago I rode this stock down to 19 and remember, when it's happening, we are all there with ya. Hang in there, Chacha.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

Is the Market Overvalued?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement