Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (32) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: legalwordwarrior Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 58627  
Subject: On Regaining Weight Date: 6/7/2012 10:27 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
David Smith, a man who gained fame as the "650 Pound Virgin" who's weight loss with a trainer was chronicled in 2009 has regained 300 of the 400 lbs he lost. Interesting interview. He points out that even after he met his weigh loss goal, he was still something of a mess inside and eventually turned to food for comfort once again. The good news is that he's back in the gym and taking care of himself again and he plans to lose the additional pounds.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/06/david-smith-regains...

Sometimes, the weight is just a symptom of something much deeper. Until you deal with the deeper issue, losing the weight will not magically fix the problem.

LWW
Print the post Back To Top
Author: ishtarastarte Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 57137 of 58627
Subject: Re: On Regaining Weight Date: 6/7/2012 12:10 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Chris Powell made his name as someone who works with the super-obese with that guy!

Crap.

That's sad all the way around.

Ishtar

Author: legalwordwarrior Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 57138 of 58627
Subject: Re: On Regaining Weight Date: 6/7/2012 5:04 PM
Recommendations: 1
Chris Powell made his name as someone who works with the super-obese with that guy!

It doesn't negate Chris Powell's work. He performed a miracle helping him lose 400 lbs without sugery in just over 2 years. That was impressive.

I think the real problem is that the issues that led to the overeating were never really properly addressed and quite honestly, a coat of paint on the house doesn't fix the foundation problems, you know?

You know for ages, the appearance was really the only thing that people talked about with weight loss. (Do you want to lose those ugly extra pounds? Get into "swimsuit" shape, etc)

Then, people started to realize that there were so many health concerns with being overweight(heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, etc).

Hopefully, at some point, people will come to realize that there can also be some pretty severe mental issues that are keeping a person from losing weight, or hindering the ability to keep it off.

A trainer can put you on the right track with exercise, a dietician can help with cooking and calorie counting, but maybe it's time for psychologists to weigh in and help people figure out what it is that got them into the unhealthy lifestyle to begin with, you know?

More and more it appears that true obesity, is not just a physical condition, but possibly a mental condition as well.

LWW

Author: PaintItBlue Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 57139 of 58627
Subject: Re: On Regaining Weight Date: 6/7/2012 8:01 PM
That must have been quite an adjustment for that guy to make, going from huge to being just a fat guy or maybe even a normal size.

Author: legalwordwarrior Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 57140 of 58627
Subject: Re: On Regaining Weight Date: 6/8/2012 9:09 AM
That must have been quite an adjustment for that guy to make, going from huge to being just a fat guy or maybe even a normal size.

He was absolutely smokin' in his after appearance on the tv show. He had lost 400lbs, finally gotten a girlfriend, and everything looked wonderful. The problem was, he'd been molested as a young boy and he had never really dealt with that, then to compound it, he was suddenly this good looking guy that people were clamoring to talk to. The pressure was just more than he could handle. He first turned to drugs and alcohol and when that didn't help, he went back to food for comfort. Hopefully, this time he has his head in the right place. His girlfriend is still with him, so that has been progress for him.

LWW

Author: zoningfool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 57141 of 58627
Subject: Re: On Regaining Weight Date: 6/8/2012 1:30 PM
Seems like the guy is using food as his drug of choice. Lots of people turn to food to self-medicate--maybe to some extent most people do--hence the term 'comfort food' to which we all turn at some point. I looked for a post I had written awhile back but couldn't find it--thanks TMF worthless search feature. Fixit, it was the one you said you cut out and put on refrigerator once I think where I wrote something along the lines of needing to put food in its proper perspective. That while food is enjoyable, it's not there to be your friend, it's not there to comfort you or to relieve your boredom or to entertain you. It's there primarily to nourish you. And when that primary function gets pushed to last place ahead of all the other reasons, that's when you have issues.

I don't look at this guy as being that different from the rest of us who've struggled with weight and food (I think 90% of americans struggle with it--the currently overweight as well as those of us who know we have to be ever vigilant to stay a healthy weight). So I am not going to relegate him to 'them' or 'those people'. Just someone who is on the outer extreme of the same continuum.

I would also point out that most successful dieters exhibit perseverance and many false starts before they finally get it right. I don't know much about his story, but if it's anything like the promos I've seen for Biggest Loser where they are doing ridiculous amounts of bizarre activity because that makes for better TV than just watching them sitting around eating complex carbs, fresh produce, lean protein and healthy fats--iow an exercise regimen akin to 'crash exercise' along the lines of 'crash dieting'--then I would say his trainer set himself up for failure from the start. Any extreme level of activity is not practical on a day-in, day-out basis for the rest of your life just as starvation dieting isn't doable for that long.

The lesson I've learned is to choose a weight control method you know that you (not some made-for-tv trainer) know you can do forever. Same thing with a diet method. I tried an atkins approach and knew I personally couldn't sustain it in the long run (probably mainly because I don't eat meat). So I decided to go with with a less aggressive method. Same thing with my exercise--HIIT, 30DS, PX90, whatever--just not doable for me forever--so I stick with a more sane (for me) exercise routine that I know I can sustain in the long-run. And guess what? It's a tortoise vs. a hare success. Me, following my tortoise methods got to the point I was trying to get at with the 'hare approach' but never could succeed at because it was just not practical.

I hope this guy will find his own 'tortoise' method and not let those who mean well but just don't have to live in his shoes or his body the rest of his life dictate his path.

just my 2 cents,
zf

Author: Patzer Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 57142 of 58627
Subject: Re: On Regaining Weight Date: 6/8/2012 1:56 PM

On another forum where I participate, it is said that it takes a year per 25 pounds to become accustomed to your new body size. I don't know what underlying study there might be for that statement, but at 35 pounds or so lighter than a year ago I'm still working on the mental adjustment.

Patzer

Author: Patzer Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 57143 of 58627
Subject: Re: On Regaining Weight Date: 6/8/2012 2:17 PM
More and more it appears that true obesity, is not just a physical condition, but possibly a mental condition as well.

A mental and social condition. I believe that much of the reason I was able to lose 30 pounds in a few months and keep them off for about a half year now is that I'm an empty nester. It's a lot easier to manage what I eat when I don't need to be concerned about anyone else's diet or what someone else might bring into the house.

I participate in another forum for people maintaining weight loss. The leader there is something of a research geek, and quotes these statistics:

- The likelihood of regaining weight when you reach goal is 95%.
- When you've maintained for 2 years the likelihood of regain drops to 50%.
- When you've maintained for 5 years the likelihood of regain drops to 27%!

I haven't followed the links to read the underlying studies. It's enough for me to know that an awful lot of people don't stay at goal, and I need to work at it if I want to succeed.

Patzer

Author: joikim Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 57144 of 58627
Subject: Re: On Regaining Weight Date: 6/8/2012 2:51 PM
Well said, ZF!

Author: LurkyLurky Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 57145 of 58627
Subject: Re: On Regaining Weight Date: 6/8/2012 3:08 PM
Recommendations: 4
I looked for a post I had written awhile back but couldn't find it

Here it is, from here:
http://boards.fool.com/lol-im-alive-been-so-incredibly-busy-...

"I need to change my relationship with food. Food should not be used for entertainment. Food should not be used to relieve stress. Food should not be eaten just because it's there or because it looks yummy or because it's a shame to waste it. Eating is not an acceptable hobby."

Author: legalwordwarrior Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 57146 of 58627
Subject: Re: On Regaining Weight Date: 6/8/2012 4:01 PM
I haven't followed the links to read the underlying studies. It's enough for me to know that an awful lot of people don't stay at goal, and I need to work at it if I want to succeed.

Being aware is one of the most important pieces to the puzzle I would imagine. I think how fast you take the weight off also plays a factor.

Ultimately, you have to look at being overweight not so much like a sickness that needs to be "cured" but rather a chronic condition that needs to be "managed"

As long as you maintain a certain level of awareness in your eating and don't slip into bad habits, you stand a better chance of maintaining the loss.

LWW

Author: legalwordwarrior Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 57147 of 58627
Subject: Re: On Regaining Weight Date: 6/8/2012 4:10 PM
zf,

I see what you're saying, but I don't think his trainer set him up for failure. The original weight loss process for him was over 2 years. Unlike TBL, where contestants are losing 15 lbs in a week at some points, this guy was learning good nutrition and working out every day. He wasn't doing crazy stuff, just good solid workouts that anyone can do. I watched the original story and it was inspiring. It's just that he couldn't cope with the changes as well as he would have liked. Hopefully, he'll have his head in the game much better this time. He has more support from an emotional side, so that should help him a lot.

I agree that the tortoise approach is a good one. Those pounds didn't pile up in a month, it's unrealistic to expect them to be gone in a month, you know?

I wonder about John, the winner of season before last on TBL. At one point Bob was talking to another contestant and essentially said that once the competition was over, he expected John to regain all the weight. The reason being that John was strictly in it to win it. He wasn't finding new ways to maintain his new lifestyle, he was just trying to lose as much as possible to win the game. When the cameras followed him home during the weeks leading up to the finale, he struck me as totally selfish and self centered. He was contantly leaving his wife in charge of the kids while he went out to run/exercise/go to the gym, whatever. I could see that while she was proud of him for working out, there seemed to be an undercurrent of unease. I think he changed in ways she didn't expect, and didn't like.

LWW

Author: zoningfool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 57148 of 58627
Subject: Re: On Regaining Weight Date: 6/8/2012 5:45 PM
Thank you sooooo much Lurky Lurky.

Author: CTkaren Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 57149 of 58627
Subject: Re: On Regaining Weight Date: 6/8/2012 6:20 PM
I don't get HBO so I didn't see the special, "The Weight of the Nation",
but I thought this bonus short on keeping weight off was very good. If one has lost quite a bit of weight, your body fights to get back to your "set point". Even if I were to get down to the weight of my sisters, say 140, (from 185) I would have to eat 300-400 calories a day less than they do to keep the weight off. These researchers seem to think I'll need to eat those reduced calories for ever. (If I was able to run like Patzer I probably could up my calories, but I can't).

http://theweightofthenation.hbo.com/films/bonus-shorts/the-q...

The Quest to Understand the Biology of Weight Loss
This bonus short follows Nola, a participant in a study examining the reasons it’s so hard to keep weight off after losing a significant amount. The Columbia University scientists behind the NIH-supported study, Dr. Rudolph Leibel and Dr. Michael Rosenbaum, have been researching the effects of the hormone leptin on weight maintenance. Their work on the underlying mechanisms controlling weight may one day help us better understand why it’s so hard to lose weight and keep it off.

Author: Patzer Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 57150 of 58627
Subject: Re: On Regaining Weight Date: 6/9/2012 8:37 AM
Recommendations: 5
(If I was able to run like Patzer I probably could up my calories, but I can't).

The increased calories aren't forever. I watch the weight, and adjust the nutrition range accordingly. It's moved up and down by as much as 600 calories per day this year, in response to what has been going on in my life and with my exercise/injury history.

Maintaining a stable weight isn't like parking a car and leaving the engine idling. It's more like trying to maintain a boat in a fixed position in a body of water, while currents and winds shift constantly. Some people apparently can do this without conscious effort; I'm not one of those people.

Patzer

Author: ems79 Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 57165 of 58627
Subject: Re: On Regaining Weight Date: 6/29/2012 3:16 PM
I know this is an older thread, but this line struck me:

I agree that the tortoise approach is a good one. Those pounds didn't pile up in a month, it's unrealistic to expect them to be gone in a month, you know?

You're certainly correct LWW, but seems MUCH easier to gain than to lose :)

Back in February I started consciously eating less, while trying very hard to get exercise at least 3X per week. I lost about 10lbs within ~6 weeks. That took me into late March, early April... then I sort of fell off the wagon, I was eating right, but not exercising...

The last month or so I've been back to eating too much, I can see it happening, but it's always "this is the last time" :) ... got on the scale this morning, I've gained back all 10lbs plus found 2 more :)

If only it were as much fun to eat less and exercise as it were to eat more and watch old movies :)

Author: legalwordwarrior Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 57168 of 58627
Subject: Re: On Regaining Weight Date: 6/30/2012 6:27 PM
The good news is that you can see the correlation and know what to do to shed those pounds again.

I worked with a woman once who lamented that she couldn't seem to lose weight. The problem was that she was eating an Otis Spunkmeyer muffin every day. Hard to lose when you're adding 500 calories a day, you know?

LWW

Author: zoningfool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 57169 of 58627
Subject: Re: On Regaining Weight Date: 6/30/2012 7:19 PM
I worked with a woman once who lamented that she couldn't seem to lose weight. The problem was that she was eating an Otis Spunkmeyer muffin every day. Hard to lose when you're adding 500 calories a day, you know?

<sarcasm> "But it's a bran muffin", LWW! You know those are 'healthy' and 'healthy' foods don't have calories! You can eat as much as you want and the fat will melt right off! Same thing with whole wheat pasta, whole grain bread, multi-grain bagels, extra-cheese pizza made with a whole wheat crust, frozen yogurt with chocolate sprinkles--none of those calories count, don't you know? </sarcasm>

Author: legalwordwarrior Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 57170 of 58627
Subject: Re: On Regaining Weight Date: 6/30/2012 9:03 PM
LOL! I think that was pretty much the way she thought about it.

LWW

Author: zoningfool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 57171 of 58627
Subject: Re: On Regaining Weight Date: 7/1/2012 11:48 AM
I think that was pretty much the way she thought about it.

I wouldn't doubt it for a minute. It's a surprisingly common mindset--call it wishful thinking, looking for a magic bullet, hoping against hope, etc--there are so many people who--even with ready access to calorie counts (like just flip the freaking package over and read the back FFS--choose to go into their ostrich mode and pretend that the 'healthy' foods they're stuffing into their mouths either are calorie-free or have calories that simply don't show up on their thighs or around their waist. Amazing state of denial. These are the same people thinking 'if I just follow (diet/exercise guru)'s plan I don't have to count calories and the weight will fall off--just like they show on the infomercial.'

I don't care whose plan it is, if you're not restricting your calories in some way, you aren't going to lose weight. You can eat nothing but 'clean' or 'healthy' food but if you eat too much of it, you'll either gain weight or won't lose weight as intended. And to follow-up on the other thread, exercise alone is not going to do it--not unless you only have a few lbs at most to lose. (end of rant....for now).

Author: legalwordwarrior Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 57173 of 58627
Subject: Re: On Regaining Weight Date: 7/2/2012 10:05 AM
You can eat nothing but 'clean' or 'healthy' food but if you eat too much of it, you'll either gain weight or won't lose weight as intended. And to follow-up on the other thread, exercise alone is not going to do it--not unless you only have a few lbs at most to lose. (end of rant....for now)

While I agree with you about the need to restrict calories, I do feel I need to point out that the biggest difference between healthy food and junk food is how satisfied you feel after you eat it. In other words there is a difference between nutritional calories and empty calories.

For instance, a couple of eggs are about 200 calories, some bags of chips are about 200 calories, but if I eat two eggs at breakfast, I stay feeling full until lunchtime. If I eat a bag of chips, in half an hour, I'm going to be looking for more food. Same goes for grabbing a carb filled donut or pastry. It might taste good immediately, but it won't stick with me.

I recently got my ebook of Bob Harper's "Skinny Rules". It's really just a book full of common sense, but I can see how it can help people reach their goals. He talks a lot about nutrition, and also exercise. He also points out some simple steps: drink a full 8oz of water when you first get up, it helps to hydrate you and keeps you from feeling ravenous by the time you're ready for breakfast. You should then keep water handy to sip on throughout the day as well to stay hydrated. He also recommends adding a small apple (100 cal)to your diet every morning. It not only helps with sweet cravings, it adds fiber to help you feel full.

But honestly, I think the water is probably the most important "rule". Too often, we confuse hunger and thirst. If you can keep yourself properly hydrated, chances are better that when you think you feel hunger you can be sure you really are hungry.

LWW

Author: zoningfool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 57174 of 58627
Subject: Re: On Regaining Weight Date: 7/2/2012 10:34 AM
While I agree with you about the need to restrict calories, I do feel I need to point out that the biggest difference between healthy food and junk food is how satisfied you feel after you eat it. In other words there is a difference between nutritional calories and empty calories.

Absolutely--I am fairly sure I've already posted on more than one occasion that it's alot harder to overeat a bowl of rice and broccoli or baked potatoes than it is to overeat donuts or potato chips. The fiber factor alone in the former is advantageous in controlling hunger. I always recommend focusing on lean proteins, healthy fats and carbs that haven't had their fiber refined and processed out of them. It's far easier to stay within a certain calorie limit when you do that, so why tempt fate by straying over to the dark side of processed crap that only acts to stimulate your appetite instead of satisfy it. You'll feel better and you'll look better if you eat real food.

I agree about the drinking water, but for a slightly different reason--thirst is one of many hunger mimickers--stress, boredom, sleep deprivation, acid reflux for example can all cause us to 'want to eat' even though we've consumed sufficient calories. It's best to think through the real reason(s) you're hungry and deal with those causes than to just start shoveling food into your mouth assuming that will address the problem.

Author: tconi Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 57175 of 58627
Subject: Re: On Regaining Weight Date: 7/2/2012 10:48 AM
it's alot harder to overeat a bowl of rice and broccoli or baked potatoes

ooooh - but these*

http://www.seasaltwithfood.com/2009/05/hasselback-potatoes.h...

One sheet pan = one serving...

peace & potatoes
t

* I slice the potatoes in half first- and they look like armadillos and get crispy crunchy on the bottom as well (i salt the baking sheet)

Author: legalwordwarrior Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 57176 of 58627
Subject: Re: On Regaining Weight Date: 7/2/2012 10:53 AM
I just kinda figured everyone here had already dealt with the other mindless eating factors (boredom, stress, etc.) :0)

I hadn't ever heard that acid refulx could be a contributor. I always thought of that more as the fall-out from eating too close to bedtime.

By the way, have you tried Ezekiel bread? It's made with sprouted wheat instead of flour. Has a wonderful nutty taste and a texture that stands up to having peanut butter or almond butter smeared on it.

LWW

Author: legalwordwarrior Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 57177 of 58627
Subject: Re: On Regaining Weight Date: 7/2/2012 11:01 AM
That was frustrating. I could get the link for the potatoes to work, but when I tried to click on the roasted sweet potato underneath, it wouldn't bring up the recipe!

LWW

hasn't eaten an actual white potato since 2005...

Author: ishtarastarte Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 57179 of 58627
Subject: Re: On Regaining Weight Date: 7/2/2012 2:28 PM
OMG, thanks, tconi, I have to try that!

Ishtar

Author: Lea77 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 57180 of 58627
Subject: Re: On Regaining Weight Date: 7/2/2012 3:27 PM
<sarcasm> "But it's a bran muffin", LWW!

Ha! Someone told me once that muffins are basically cake. That changed the way I think about them forever.

I think the idea of your body taking a year to adjust to 25 pounds makes sense. I lost 20 pounds one year and 20 the next and then maintained for a year or two but stopped losing. Lately, I've been sort of off the wagon and I'm up 5-10 of those pounds. It's got me watching things much closer and trying to get back to the gym more frequently.

Author: zoningfool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 57181 of 58627
Subject: Re: On Regaining Weight Date: 7/2/2012 4:02 PM
I used to make those all the time--my dad loved them! I think I got the recipe out of my mom's old Betty Crocker Cookbook, but they weren't called armadillos--they sure do look like them though! Hadn't noticed the resemblance before.

Author: zoningfool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 57182 of 58627
Subject: Re: On Regaining Weight Date: 7/2/2012 4:06 PM
I used to eat ezekiel bread once in awhile, but it contains gluten (malted barley is one of the ingredients). I have noticed the manufacturers of ezekiel bread (Food for Life) has a few new gluten-free products--bread and tortillas, but I haven't seen them in my local stores yet. I will be checking for them though.

Author: legalwordwarrior Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 57184 of 58627
Subject: Re: On Regaining Weight Date: 7/2/2012 4:16 PM
I used to eat ezekiel bread once in awhile, but it contains gluten (malted barley is one of the ingredients).

I'll have to check the label. I could have sworn the 4:9 bread said it was gluten free, but I may have misread it.

LWW

Author: zoningfool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 57186 of 58627
Subject: Re: On Regaining Weight Date: 7/3/2012 9:36 AM
I'll have to check the label. I could have sworn the 4:9 bread said it was gluten free, but I may have misread it.

Please check! I see regular ezekiel bread all the time in the store. If you still have the package, let me know. TIA.

Author: legalwordwarrior Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 57187 of 58627
Subject: Re: On Regaining Weight Date: 7/3/2012 10:58 PM
Please check! I see regular ezekiel bread all the time in the store. If you still have the package, let me know. TIA.

I was wrong about the 4:9 bread. It said it was low glycemic, not gluten free.

Food for Life (maker of Ezekiel Bread) has two gluten free breads: A whole grain brown rice bread and a Multiseed Rice Bread. They also make a gluten free English muffin and Gluten free brown rice tortillas. I haven't tried any of those items, so can't say anything about the taste.

LWW

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (32) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement