Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
On Sat, 28 Jun 97 02:31:19 -0600, stevepcspdxedu wrote: <<Wireless Technology? .....

Gates is teamed up with a guy by the name of Craig McCaw in a venture called Teledesic...

But what is Mr. McCaws current project? Nextel Communications, a company which has been quietly building the largest guaranteed all digital cellular network in the country....

I find the connection intriguing, if not a bit scary. >>

Steve,

Yes, very intriguing. My understanding is that this is a private investment by Gates, and does not directly involve Microsoft. As I recall, it is a $1 billion wager. I wonder on what basis Gates decides to make a strictly personal investment? Would the Microsoft BoD not have approved it (is that even how corporate venture investments work)?

TMF Nico (who should have such decisons to make)
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement