UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (306) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: LaraAmber Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308360  
Subject: Re: Bankrupt or try to 'gut it out'? Date: 11/5/2012 10:15 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
On the Kindle front: yes, I would stay away from a Kindle until you've read all the books you've purchased. This is coming from someone who is a big, big Kindle Fan. Let's not put temptation in front of you just yet.

But for future reference:

You can check and see what library systems in your state have Kindle books for checkout. This is a great option since it doesn't require you to drive anyone to the library or deal with a messed up copy of a book. You might also be able to check out books from libraries that aren't feasible for you to drive to regularly. (All Colorado residents can join Denver Public Library, but if you live 6 hours away, how often will you realistically drive there? But if you have a Kindle you can check out books constantly.) Also, if you do buy books, multiple people in the house can read it at the same time, as long as their Kindles are on the same account. There are parental controls as well if you guys decide to get Kindles for your girls one day. It also saved me a fortune on shelving, etc. For me it also helped with impulse control (though I don't have your issues) because instead of buying a book that "looked interesting" I just downloaded the free sample. Later I would read the sample and decide when I finished it whether or not to purchase it. It spaced out and slowed down my purchases (only buying when I was ready to read that book).

Lara Amber
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (306) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement