Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: bdluckyshot Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 95875  
Subject: On the plus side... Date: 11/20/2012 6:42 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
At least this week we can count on appearances from Rodimus and that other guy.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: ramsfanray Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 92901 of 95875
Subject: Re: On the plus side... Date: 11/20/2012 9:18 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Always fun.

Author: RodimusPrime Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 92904 of 95875
Subject: Re: On the plus side... Date: 11/20/2012 12:17 PM
At least this week we can count on appearances from Rodimus and that other guy.

It is hard for me to tell when comments like these are just joking or a lack of respect, but I'll bite...

IMO, last night was more about the Bears being bad/understaffed than the Niners being good. So nothing changed in the big picture. And the Niners have been getting decent respect lately anyways. For those reasons I wasn't going to post about anything at all until your post motivated me to clarify why I post in general... you know, for the adults in the room. ;-)

--Rod
PS, I have also been busy practicing my spelling: K-A-E-P...

Author: mbarr Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 92906 of 95875
Subject: Re: On the plus side... Date: 11/20/2012 12:33 PM
Recommendations: 10
It is hard for me to tell when comments like these are just joking or a lack of respect

Why does it have to be one or the other?

Author: 99lashes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 92908 of 95875
Subject: Re: On the plus side... Date: 11/20/2012 3:09 PM
I thought for sure this was going to be about your waist size.

Author: bdluckyshot Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 92914 of 95875
Subject: Re: On the plus side... Date: 11/21/2012 7:08 AM
Recommendations: 5
It is hard for me to tell when comments like these are just joking or a lack of respect, but I'll bite...

Trying to have some fun with you, but I still don't quite get why you're so hung up on perceived respect, or lack thereof, from a bunch of imaginary internet strangers.

Author: RodimusPrime Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 92915 of 95875
Subject: Re: On the plus side... Date: 11/21/2012 4:31 PM
Trying to have some fun with you, but I still don't quite get why you're so hung up on perceived respect, or lack thereof, from a bunch of imaginary internet strangers.

I have zero need for any respect from Internet strangers for my team. But those are the best times when I think that we could have a good discussion. And I come here to discuss. I tend to ignore single-game stuff and keep it at a high level, and respect is the only way I know how to estimate the high-level opinions of a group. Would you rather I started a thread on a topic that we all agreed on? ;-)

But my original post was more of a comment about possible lack of respect for me as a poster, which I am getting better at recognizing on this board although I am still not all the way there yet. :-)

--Rod

Author: 99lashes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 92916 of 95875
Subject: Re: On the plus side... Date: 11/21/2012 4:57 PM
But my original post was more of a comment about possible lack of respect for me as a poster, which I am getting better at recognizing on this board although I am still not all the way there yet. :-)

--Rod

This reminds me of the face of my mutt, wondering around and under the Thanksgiving Day table, trying to find some scraps.

As in all things, it just takes more whine (wine really).

Author: AOLFoolman100 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 92917 of 95875
Subject: Re: On the plus side... Date: 11/22/2012 1:37 AM
Recommendations: 8

--Rod

Hey Rod, as an imaginary internet poster, here's my 4 to 6 cents. Respect, humor, kidding around comes and goes on this board. This board is just a bunch of guys (and a few gals) who just get on here to have some fun and discuss footbal...is there some trash talking?? Of course. Most of it is just joking around. Does some of it go too far sometimes? Of course.

But based on what I have read in the past....and I hope I'm not stepping in too deep here....is that when there is a bit of joking or disrespect, you seem to be very offended or affected by it personally. You obviously like the game, like to discuss it, and come across as a reasonably intelligent person.

But you can NOT take it personally....the jokes...the ribbing. No one here knows you. No one here would initially target you. But of course, over time, once you develop a history of "complaining" then there's a mark.

My advice....take it easy. No one here is "targeting you". When someone takes a joking shot at you....you shoot back, nicely. In fun. But for God's sake, don't write some long, sanctimonious post complaining about the "lack of maturity" or "respect" or whatever on this board. It's par for the course. It's a bunch of guys...

Roll with it...have fun. Just don't complain and whine.

Author: ramsfanray Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 92933 of 95875
Subject: Re: On the plus side... Date: 11/23/2012 9:16 AM
That advice sounds familiar.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement