No. of Recommendations: 0
Once upon a time, a Fool once said...

Mike, you don't have to get the certificates. Waterhouse does something that's almost like a DRP. They'll take your dividends, and they'll use that to buy shares of what you're invested in at no charge to you. However, you can't do optional cash payments without having to incur the commission. That's the catch.

True, but when I contact INTC, PFE, & SPG and say, "YO!, I wanna start fee-free OCP's from you rather than paying my broker $12 a pop, they said "HUH?! What? Who are you? We have nothing in your name. Talk to your broker kid, ya bother me."

Of course, when I talk to Waterhouse, they say: "HUH?! What? Who are you? We gave your name to the stocks transfer agent. Talk to them kid, ya bother me."

I guess I shoulda used the Moneypaper.

still not retired,
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.