Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: PhilSpalding One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 29  
Subject: One bid Date: 1/27/1999 6:29 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
One of the outside bidders is now identified as ConQuest Partners a Dallas based investment group, and their target is $10 buyout without entering a bidding war. So, now we appear to have our first actual number on the table. Doubt that this offer is going to induce Day to sell his shares, or that his group would be unwilling to top a $10 offer. Still searching for something more definitive on the last of the outstanding offers, if you hear anything, let the rest of us know.

Phil
Print the post Back To Top
Author: supercharlie669 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 15 of 29
Subject: Re: One bid Date: 1/28/1999 3:02 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
I spoke with Day's right hand, Ned Lidvall, and he denied all rumors, though he did say that talks could be commencing. I am interested as an investor and an employee. This could be fun, or no fun at all. Thoughts?
-charlie

Author: PhilSpalding One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 16 of 29
Subject: Re: One bid Date: 1/28/1999 7:14 AM
No denying rumors. PR dept at BREW faxed me the pr story listing three offers. We made it on the financial pages, #9 in Nasdaq top gainers by percentage. LOL

Author: supercharlie669 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 17 of 29
Subject: Re: One bid Date: 1/28/1999 10:12 PM
Yep, you are correct. Day is trying to take it private with three cronies, but two other bidders are out there. The company should realistically be worth $12/shr., but we'll see how this shakes out.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement