UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (30) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1955187  
Subject: Re: Mitt Romney reaches 275 electoral votes .. Date: 10/8/2012 7:23 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
One debate and all the poll numbers flip? Romney takes the lead in 11 swing states? Romney moves ahead in the electoral vote?

Anything about the Obama Presidency without accepting the strawman arguments we see him constantly does not play well for Obama.

Obama can be a great debater, but against an informed opponent, it is just not a situation where he can win.

Obama has to turn the debate away from the last 4 years. Which is essentially impossible because his argument is that we have to continue what we have been doing because it is working, just a little slowly.

Obama's only real chance in the next debate, is the moderator making it impossible for Romney to confront Obama's facts, and to keep Romney within some prescribed timeframe on each question. I expect the moderator to really go for tight control in an attempt to make this appear a fight between the moderator and ROmney, with a patient Obama answering strawmen, errggghhh I mean questions patiently and with a smile.

Well, that is what I expect to see attempted, the Romney camp will IMO see this possibility also so can they dismantle it? We will see.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (30) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

U.S. Stable, Europe Stalling
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement