No. of Recommendations: 0
One gets used to things fairly quickly. I was amazed at how quickly I got accustomed to the limited selection and high prices of my corner store in Detroit.

Heh. I don't realize sometimes how good I have it. I have five supermarkets within 1/2 mile of where I live -- two Jewels, one Treasure Island ("America's Most European Supermarket"), one Whole Foods, and one Walmart Express. Plus scads of little convenience stores, including one right in my building (although prices there are high). And if I venture a little further, I have Trader Joe's and a Walmart Neighborhood Market that is much nicer and more comprehensive than the Walmart Express nearer to me. And I've probably forgotten some place or other here.

And I still constantly complain that I can't find everything!

Then there are all the eateries. Today's menu was Colombian-style empanadas -- Beef & Rice, Chorizo-Cheese, Hawaiian (ham/pineapple), and Vegetarian. (And then off to McDonald's down the block for a large unsweetened iced tea w/lemon, plus free refill, for $1.)
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement