UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Illinokie Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308881  
Subject: One good card / company Date: 5/11/1998 12:56 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I'm new to reading the cc board, but I have just read about 50 posts from the last couple of days. It seems that everyone's bad experiences come from large cc companies such as Advanta, MBNA, Citibank, etc. I want to tell you all about one company that offers a card consistently ranked among the best in America by Bank Rate Monitor, consumer groups, and others: USAA.

For those of you who've never heard of USAA, the name stands for United Services Automobile Association, hq'd in San Antonio. The original USAA is an auto and property insurer which limited its clientele to active and retired US military officers and senior NCO's, and their dependents. The insurance company is still around, and insurance offerings are still limited to only those people. My father was in the Army and thus I became a customer of USAA for insurance.

But the customers of the financial arm of USAA are not limited to those meeting the criteria above. The first USAA product I had - and have to this day 7 years later - is a Mastercard. The rate is 12% with no annual fee. They don't raise your credit limit without ASKING you first. They don't charge all kinds of outrageous fees like "account dormancy" and "account closure" fees. They also offer very good savings and certificate rates, not to mention loan rates. I have a mortgage and an auto loan with them as well.

Now lest you think I'm a paid endorser for USAA, check them out yourselves. Check the Bank Rate Monitor info, check Consumer Reports, check the USA Today surveys of credit card rates. This board has spread a lot of warnings and horror stories about the bad companies -which is great, keep it up! we need to make all aware of who the bad guys are and what they're up to. But I think we should spread good news as well, and this company is a class act.

Peace and prosperity,

Illinokie
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement