UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: wolverine307 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 736962  
Subject: One of my fav movies Date: 9/29/2012 3:25 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
It's a Mad, Mad, Mad World. I love this flick. The whole cast is a trip down Memory Lane.

Oops, it's on TV now.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 646138 of 736962
Subject: Re: One of my fav movies Date: 9/29/2012 3:28 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I heard you the first time <g>. It's on Turner Classic Movies.

Author: AOLFoolman100 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 646141 of 736962
Subject: Re: One of my fav movies Date: 9/29/2012 3:33 PM
I heard you the first time <g>. It's on Turner Classic Movies.

3 "Mads" weren't enough. You need it 6 times!!

Author: wolverine307 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 646145 of 736962
Subject: Re: One of my fav movies Date: 9/29/2012 3:37 PM
Spencer Tracy, Peter Falk, Sid Caesar, Jonathon Winters, Phil Silvers, Buddy Hackett, Mickey Rooney, Ethel Merman, Milton Berle, Terry Thomas, Jim Backus, Don Knotts ... great memories.

Author: AOLFoolman100 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 646146 of 736962
Subject: Re: One of my fav movies Date: 9/29/2012 3:52 PM
Spencer Tracy, Peter Falk, Sid Caesar, Jonathon Winters, Phil Silvers, Buddy Hackett, Mickey Rooney, Ethel Merman, Milton Berle, Terry Thomas, Jim Backus, Don Knotts ... great memories.

I'm old enough to remember two from this list. I know who they all are, but only watched 2 while growing up.

Don Knotts from Three's Company, who played Mr Furley. And Jim Backus from Gilligan's Island, who played Thurston Howell III. Both great characters.

Author: wolverine307 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 646149 of 736962
Subject: Re: One of my fav movies Date: 9/29/2012 3:58 PM
I'm old enough to remember two from this list

I guess I'm just old, but I've seen this movie about 10 times. I know all these people from voice alone. I know them all.

Author: fleg9bo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 646161 of 736962
Subject: Re: One of my fav movies Date: 9/29/2012 5:12 PM

Don't forget Edie Adams. I got a crush on her from seeing that movie when I was a sophomore or junior in high school.

--fleg

Author: fleg9bo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 646216 of 736962
Subject: Re: One of my fav movies Date: 9/29/2012 9:23 PM
Don Knotts from Three's Company, who played Mr Furley. And Jim Backus from Gilligan's Island, who played Thurston Howell III. Both great characters.

You child.

Don Knotts was at his best as a regular on the Steve Allen Show. And Gilligan's Island was a step down for Jim Backus after the wonderful I Married Joan.

--fleg, old

Author: andrew61 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 646481 of 736962
Subject: Re: One of my fav movies Date: 10/1/2012 10:17 PM

Dude, Don Knotts was better known for playing deputy sheriff Barney Fife on The Andy Griffith Show.

Author: AOLFoolman100 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 646482 of 736962
Subject: Re: One of my fav movies Date: 10/1/2012 10:25 PM
Dude, Don Knotts was better known for playing deputy sheriff Barney Fife on The Andy Griffith Show.

Yes, I know that. But the Andy Griffith Show never interested me. Everytime I heard that intro music, I would listen to it, but never watched the show. Same thing with MASH and Happy Days. All 3 shows had great intro theme music, but I never could get hooked on the shows. I think I was too young to appreciate the humor. But for some reason, Three's Company was very funny to me. Mr Furley was hilarious. I got the humor - it was simple humor....and the slapstick comedy that John Ritter was so good at.

Author: wolverine307 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 646484 of 736962
Subject: Re: One of my fav movies Date: 10/1/2012 10:29 PM
Recommendations: 2
But the Andy Griffith Show never interested me.

What I loved about the Andy Griffith Show was that every show was a little morality story. Simple life lessons.

Author: CCinOC Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 646553 of 736962
Subject: Re: One of my fav movies Date: 10/2/2012 11:08 AM
A movie completely opposite the idyllic shows you're talking about is "End of Watch" with Jake Gyllenhaal and Michael Pena. It's a "day in the life" study of two street cops in South Central Los Angeles.

It's getting rave reviews, all of which I agree with.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/end_of_watch

The acting is Oscar caliber outstanding, but if the "F word" bothers you, don't see it. They must've said the F word approximately every three seconds.

Riveting.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement