UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: 1HappyFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 736844  
Subject: Re: House of Blues Date: 5/5/2001 3:51 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
One of my part-time consulting trips took me to Chicago this week. Last night, I went to The House Of Blues. The music was absolutely great. If any of you folks find yourself in Chicago with a free evening on your hands, you might want to check this place out. Who says you can't have a little fun while earning a little extra spending money.

Chicago has some really great blues places. Of course, everybody is entitled to their own opinion, but I wouldn't think the House of Blues would be the best Chicago has to offer. It's kind of the equivalent of a chain restaurant, like Planet Hollywood or the Hard Rock Cafe. They're good and maybe even great, but usually so crowded and so focused on show that the atmosphere is less than the best. Try Kingston Mines the next time you go. Or do what we did; ask a cabby to take you to the bluesiest, not the best, the bluesiest blues place in the city.

1HappyFool
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement