UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: heybethpdx Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 381  
Subject: One suggested "rule" for the board Date: 2/5/2001 5:35 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
When you quote Jimmmy (which I love) please attribute the lines! I've got 5 Jimmy songs in my head & am not sure what 2 of them are.....

Beth
*seen him 5 times...but not in years*
Print the post Back To Top
Author: GekkoII Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 168 of 381
Subject: Re: One suggested "rule" for the board Date: 2/5/2001 7:19 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
I think thats fair, although I am unsure that there should be any rules on this board per se. Anyway, if you've got 2 unknown Jimmy songs in your head, why don't you throw down some lyrics and let someone tell you what they are (I know its tough to hum a few bars on a post, but I'm sure we can do it.)

Gekko II

Author: heybethpdx Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 182 of 381
Subject: Re: One suggested "rule" for the board Date: 2/6/2001 2:59 PM
the tunes are gone now - I should have referenced them in my post. At least my mind is quiet again!

Author: cmorford Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 183 of 381
Subject: Re: One suggested "rule" for the board Date: 2/6/2001 3:34 PM
heybethpdx said: the tunes are gone now - I should have referenced them in my post. At least my mind is quiet again!

I wish I could say the same...

I've had "Fins" running though my head all day...

Can't you feel 'em circlin', honey
Can't you feel 'em schoolin' around
Fins to the left, fins to the right
You're the only bait in town
Hey you got fins to the left, fins to the right
You're the only girl in town

Chuck - Arrgh!

Author: inparadise Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 184 of 381
Subject: Re: One suggested "rule" for the board Date: 2/6/2001 4:04 PM
How about this one Chuck?

Carnival World

My father always said that there's no free ride
You've got to make a sacrifice
With so many
Prophets on the Lord's side
Even you soul has got a price

But talk is cheap it takes money to buy your freedom
And the tax man's knockin' on your door

Too bad it doesn't stop there. When I first heard the above I thought they were talking about work, (sacrifice and selling your soul,) and of course money to buy your freedom being FI and retirement. Unfortunately the song goes on IMO about blowing your wad:

Spend it while you can
Money's contraband
You can't take it with you when you go
Spend it while you can
Before it's taken from your hand
There's no free ride in this carnival world...

Oh well, I guess it could be taken to mean live well in retirement. I am encouraging my parents to spend it while they can rather than leave a legacy to the kids.

InParadise
where the radio plays JB at least 10 times a day.

Hope this wipes out "fins" for you.

Author: cmorford Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 185 of 381
Subject: Re: One suggested "rule" for the board Date: 2/6/2001 4:17 PM
Thanks IP, but I've still got sharks in my brain...

I think you're right about the message in "Carnival World" being to live well while you can!

None of us gets out alive...

Chuck

Author: GekkoII Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 187 of 381
Subject: Re: One suggested "rule" for the board Date: 2/7/2001 8:51 AM
or as JB has also said...

I made enough money to buy Miami
But I pissed it away so fast
Never meant to last

-Gekko

Author: heybethpdx Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 190 of 381
Subject: Re: One suggested "rule" for the board Date: 2/7/2001 4:22 PM

I made enough money to buy Miami
But I pissed it away so fast
Never meant to last

----------------------

Pirate looks at 40, right?

Author: buzman Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 192 of 381
Subject: Re: One suggested "rule" for the board Date: 2/8/2001 11:23 PM
yep

Author: GekkoII Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 199 of 381
Subject: Re: One suggested "rule" for the board Date: 2/11/2001 12:03 PM
HeyBethPDX,

Sorry about the later reply...I have been tied up in my unfortunately anti-buffett-like career..."A Pirate Looks At 40" is absolutely correct. Kudos! -Gekko II

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement