UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (57) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: dumaflotchie Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 74297  
Subject: Re: Romney is Brilliant! Date: 10/4/2012 8:34 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
one team (Obama) clearly has the stronger team

Here we disagree B. If Obama had a better record, Romney couldn't have made any headway with him. But is was point after point with no media there to protect Obama from the core issues.

If you know your opponent has 2 minutes to respond for example (even assuming he'll go over the allotted time) then a wonderful technique is to spend your 2 minutes rattling off a list of completely baseless(mostly)accusations<?i>

Maybe Obama tried that but since he had a full 4 minutes more talk time than did Romney, it wouldn't appear that Romney used such a tactic or at least that Obama wasn't given the courtesy of time to respond.

What I do know is this debate isn't likely to change the opinions of either man's base, which leaves the race in the hands of truly independent voters as it has always been.

Agreed.

But I am not sure your impression of substance lacking with Romney was correct. A few examples:

1) Emphatically stated he will work with Democrats as much as Repubs and has the history to prove he can and would do that. IMO, I believe we would find him to be more moderate so liberal don't need to fear him.

2) Well defined point by point approach to economic recovery and defined his management style.

3) Dispelled concerns about lowering tax burden paid by the rich. People can understand why that 3% is so important since 40% of jobs come from them!

4) Dispelled concerns about negatively impacting education. Thought his commentary on "choices" Obama made with alternatives ($90 Billion wasted) that could have hired 2 million teachers was spot on!

5) Stressed priorities and why Obamacare was ill timed legislation

6) Stressed need to rebuild and strengthen middle class and was acutely aware of their plight

7) Stressed that Medicare would be saved and that gutting providers will reduce access

8) Stressed energy independence through all sources

9) Stressed importance of regulation but knew very specifics about what legislative initiatives would and are more harmful than good.

10) Etc.

But I certainly agree with you.....the Repubs shouldn't be spiking the ball.

Even so, it is very clear when Romney and Obama are not protected by media bias or teleprompters and all issues are on the table, people can see them for what they are.

In that regard, the frenzied attempts by tamahas to suggest this election is over........now that was PREMATURE!!

Romney was presidential.......I suspect everyone could see that quite clearly and the liberal media on CNN were no less than stunned by the revelation that Romney is presidential and brings polish, potential for bringing us back together.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (57) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Economic Implications of Cuba
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement