UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: QB22 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 62  
Subject: Online Brokers trading Mutual Funds Date: 10/13/2009 1:33 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Do any members have recommendations of online brokerages where I can trade mutual funds without the restrictions of holding terms ond/or higher fees to trade.
Thanks!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: mjs111 Big red star, 1000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Coverage Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 41 of 62
Subject: Re: Online Brokers trading Mutual Funds Date: 10/13/2009 2:19 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
The restrictions on the holding terms are usually a property of the fund itself and not something the broker tacks on afterwards.

Every broker usually has a list of no-transaction-fee (NTF) funds, which are funds that you pay no commission on when buying and selling shares. The broker can afford to do this since the fund company reimburses the broker for the lost commission.

So what I would do is find some funds you are interested in and then call around to various brokers and see which are and which are not on the NTF list.

Mike

Author: QB22 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 42 of 62
Subject: Re: Online Brokers trading Mutual Funds Date: 10/15/2009 8:27 PM
Thanks, Mike!
QB22

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement