UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: wolferd1 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 190578  
Subject: online calendar Date: 1/9/2002 10:15 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I work for a nonprofit and the Senior Chaplain and development director have decided that the senior chaplains's calendar needs to be maintained online so the development director can check and add appointments to it- for the senior chaplain to check from his laptop.
We have a website, if that matters. The development director asked if there was some way to put the Senior Chaplain's Outlook calendar on the web so they could both access it.
Any suggestions?
Robert
Print the post Back To Top
Author: tqmbill Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 20608 of 190578
Subject: Re: online calendar Date: 1/9/2002 11:17 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
I think this can be done perhaps easier and for sure more securely by using Shared Public Folders from *within* Outlook.

You'll have to read up on the Help pages and/or msft website, unless someone else who's done it before can chime in with details.

Author: MFDnPR Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 20614 of 190578
Subject: Re: online calendar Date: 1/10/2002 5:40 AM
I wonder if they are on Exchange and if so then they can use delegates.

Author: wolferd1 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 20621 of 190578
Subject: Re: online calendar Date: 1/10/2002 10:30 AM
I wonder if they are on Exchange and if so then they can use delegates.

We just have a very simple network at the office, a hub with 4 computers running through it. It's probably about as low end as it can be.
We use Bellsouth as our ISP and access the internet through dial up. The senior chaplain cannot get into our little network with his laptop when he is away from the office. So his idea was to keep a copy of his calendar somewhere other than the office computer, somewhere that he could access it from the internet when he is away from the office. He and/or the development director would be able to access and modify it if necessary.
Robert

Author: wolferd1 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 20622 of 190578
Subject: Re: online calendar Date: 1/10/2002 10:35 AM
I think this can be done perhaps easier and for sure more securely by using Shared Public Folders from *within* Outlook.

Where would the shared folders be kept? The laptop cannot get into our little network once it is away from the office. So anything to be shared would have to be somewhere that both people could get to it.
Robert

Author: SanDiegoPaul Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 20623 of 190578
Subject: Re: online calendar Date: 1/10/2002 10:39 AM
have decided that the senior chaplains's calendar needs to be maintained online so the development director can check and add appointments to it- for the senior chaplain to check from his laptop.

---------------------------------

The Microsoft Exchange Server will do just that. When one logs into the Exhange, the browser opens up a copy of Microsoft Outlook within itself.

Pretty cool stuff!! In the browser address window you type in:

http://yourdomainname.exchangeservername

then Outlook will appear after a second and ask for a username/password

I don't know anything about it other than how to use it because one of the companies I sell for uses it for email. Check the microsoft.public.outlook newsgroup for details.

Author: MFDnPR Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 20625 of 190578
Subject: Re: online calendar Date: 1/10/2002 11:39 AM
Recommendations: 1
Then if it is a remote, use a Yahoo account or others that have calendars on the web and share the login name/password.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement