Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: ineedavacation Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 65431  
Subject: Online Dating Date: 4/28/2012 12:43 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Messaged a girl, she said hi back, but didn't end with a question, which is usually what people do when they want you to respond back. So, no biggie. But, then I saw that she was looking at my profile again. So, I sent her another message continuing the "conversation". She sent another note back, but again no question at the end. Hmmmm. Clueless? or, not interested, just being polite?

Thoughts?

As you can see, I'm clueless with picking up cues. Maybe she doesn't know she's supposed to end with a question?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: ishtarastarte Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65058 of 65431
Subject: Re: Online Dating Date: 4/28/2012 3:39 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Well, I didn't know you're "supposed" to answer with a question.

I ask questions when I want to know something.

If I don't want to know, there's no reason to ask.

YMMV

Ishtar

Author: ineedavacation Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65059 of 65431
Subject: Re: Online Dating Date: 4/28/2012 6:59 PM
You're supposed to end with a question in order to get the other person to answer back. If you don't end with a question, there might not be any reason to say anything back.

It depends I guess. She got back to me. I'm not gonna sweat it.

Author: sofaking6 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65060 of 65431
Subject: Re: Online Dating Date: 4/30/2012 1:12 PM
Recommendations: 1
She's interested but extremely socially awkward.

Author: wasmick Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65061 of 65431
Subject: Re: Online Dating Date: 5/1/2012 7:54 PM
Recommendations: 1
She's interested but extremely socially awkward.

That can't be right.

Author: yosemitebean Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65064 of 65431
Subject: Re: Online Dating Date: 5/1/2012 8:43 PM
ineedavacation - As you can see, I'm clueless with picking up cues. Maybe she doesn't know she's supposed to end with a question?

-------------------------------------------------------------

....I guess that I'm clueless too because I never knew that I was supposed to respond with a question. I wait for the guy to start asking questions, and then I tell him a little about myself. - Bean

Author: Rollomc Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65065 of 65431
Subject: Re: Online Dating Date: 5/1/2012 9:05 PM
Well bean I would like to ask you a question. Would that be okay?

Author: yosemitebean Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65066 of 65431
Subject: Re: Online Dating Date: 5/1/2012 9:50 PM
Rollomc - Well bean I would like to ask you a question. Would that be okay?

--------------------------------------------------------

......Would what be okay? I am new to online dating, so I was not aware there was a protocol. I guess its a good thing that my boyfriend didn't give up on me, as my responses were all short, but sweet. - Bean

Author: yosemitebean Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65067 of 65431
Subject: Re: Online Dating Date: 5/1/2012 9:52 PM
Rollomc - Well bean I would like to ask you a question. Would that be okay?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

.....If you want to ask me a question, then go ahead and ask me. I don't know if I will know the answer, but you are welcome to ask me anything. - Bean

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement