UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: TheDreamer Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 373  
Subject: Online Number Transfer to different provider? Date: 11/26/2003 2:40 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Does anybody know of any provider with an online website that can process number transfer new subscriptions?

I've been with Verizon for over 3 years now...one of the reasons is they have a store near me....they also used to have good coverage until my employer moved (of course, Verizon was leasing the roof of my employer's old building for its antenna).

But, I've been paying for this mythical number portability for years...and now I hear that Verizon wants to charge the most to further recover the cost of making the option available.

http://apnews1.iwon.com/article/20031125/D7V1THIO1.html

Well, since there's poor to no coverage where I live and where I work...and after 18 months of nothing, I finally threatened to leave..to which they finally said that they won't do anything about the problem....despite their commercials and such.

So, I'm now even more strongly considering leaving them....despite the fact that I still have 11 months to go on my contract.

Of course, most of the other carriers don't have stores in the area...and the kiosk sellers say number transfers have to be done at the a carrier's store. Well, Nextel recently opened up in the area...though I'm not sure if that's the one I'm going to go with yet.

I have two main areas where I want service. Around where I work and live and around my parents (which means Calgary, Alberta and Scotsdale, AZ.) There are of course other parts of the world that I'd be interested in....but not as important.

I'm partly leaning towards Sprint...except that I left Sprint because they didn't have coverage in the part of PA that I have relatives....though I only had a single band/mode phone back then.

The hard part is figuring out which one has good service around where I work....the people on Sprint say they have no problem...but they are in the cubes next to the window...and I'm not.

Might help if I knew where the antenna sites were... or better if there was some way to measure the signal for each of the carriers from my cubicle....

The Dreamer.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Wireless Buyer's Guide Page
Shopping, or just curious? Everything you need to know about wireless and mobile communication is here.
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement