UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (52) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: MichaelRead Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Winner! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 756649  
Subject: Re: One for the Obama Nutjob crowd Date: 10/24/2012 4:10 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 35
Only a complete loon would attribute gains during Clinton and Obama years to anything they did, other than I would give Clinton some credit for compromising with Congress. Obama is ruinous to America and the American economy.

The facts state otherwise. Pesky things, facts. The stock market has returned over 20% in Obama's term, and business profits are at record highs. Obama is the best president for the economy since WWII.

FeedMeNowBaghdadBob

What saddens is in my trips south of the border (I live in Canada) is the number of boarded up retail outlets in malls. Not one or two but many. Hope shattered. The economy is such that income selling goods does not match financial obligation and therefore stores close.

I have run businesses for more than fifty years and thirty of those years as a business consultant – clients in 22 countries, that sort of thing – and to me the climate of business in the US now is appallingly bad. Would I start a business in the US under these conditions? No. I would do what many are doing: keep the money in the bank at whatever interest is gained rather than spending it on a business that will lose money due to taxes and heavy-handed regulation.

One of the companies I own specializes in flywheels and I have shifted the company’s direction from high-speed, low mass wheels to high mass, low speed. My estimate is it will take about a million to make the switch. Now, do I put that million into a climate where profit and capital gains are taxed heavily or where they are not?

Romney understands business and knows taxation influences investment, Futher, he knows that the best way to improve the economy is leave more in peoples’ pockets; the President is more concerned with ‘fairness’, yet another name for a tax grab that will continue to deaden.

You say the stock market has improved twenty percent in the President’s four years. Ye gods and little fishes: that is picayune. Cut personal taxes, capital gains taxes, and estate taxes and it will, at a minimum, cause the stock market to double that figure.

The President is the best president for the economy since WW11? Tell that to a small business that has closed its doors. They won’t believe you and nor do I.

MichaelR
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (52) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Economic Implications of Cuba
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement