UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (29) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: FlippoHip Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308519  
Subject: Re: The Plan Date: 1/27/2014 9:43 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Ooooooooohhh... I get what you are asking.

Well, it's complicated.

The GI Bill is about $1k a month. Add that to the $300 I was going to put in from my pay. That's ~$1100 toward the $10k credit card (The interest payments are going to make it over $10k by the time it's paid off. I don't know how much more. I over budget rather than break it down that much. The interest rate is 7.9% and I paid about $80 in interest last month.)
When my daughter is with her dad for the summer, I won't have child support, so it will dip down to just paying $1k a month for a couple of months. That'll drag it out too.

I don't need the GI Bill to live off of. I do fine. This is just extra money. There won't be any replacement, but there will be about $500 extra a month to put toward the loan even after the GI Bill is gone.

I had already budgeted $300 a month on top of the $1k GIB for the CC and I'll put $200 a month less in savings. I just want to pad the savings up a bit first. I hate it being so low.

Sooooo I'll put the extra $500 toward the signature loan. Yes, the car will be minimum payments, because the signature loan is like 12% interest, but the car is only 3% interest and will be mostly principle at that point anyway. I'll pay down the loan rather than the car and they will both be paid off around mid 2016
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (29) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Kate Spade's Wild Ride
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement