Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I have an account with E-trade, but completely forgot to print the 1099, which shows $23. dividend received in 2008.

I used Turbo Tax, and I can use it to create an amended return, but I wonder if it's worth the trouble for such a small amount. If I don't file an amended return, will the IRS charge me a penalty when they match the 1099s that they received from E-Trade with what I reported on my return?

Does filing an amended return increase the chances of being audited?


Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.