No. of Recommendations: 0
opening 2 IRA's (one in your name, one in hers) would allow you to contribute $4000 per year...$2000 to each.

Roth IRA contributions are not tax deductable, but allow tax free qualified withdrawls at retirement.

Also, having a 401(k) doesnt exclude you from contributing to a Roth IRA.

some links with more info:

hope this helps!

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.