UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: Meowiz Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 76418  
Subject: Opening a Keogh acct Date: 12/10/1998 4:02 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
First of all, I got it from the HORSE'S MOUTH (the IRS) that yes, JABoa, Pixy and Jo? were correct about not needing to open Roth or other IRA till April if it is not conversion Roth. So, since I already did my penance for challenging JABoa, by eating my (polartec) hat (8 [~ , I have no need to feel like the other end of the horse! Thank you all for pointing the horse in the right direction!

NOW, next question:

I have a Keogh acct. which I opened through a Financial planner several years ago. I am not at home, so can't check which I have, but it's either the 10 or 15% one. Since I want to open a second one for the opposite amount, i.e., for a total of 25% between the two, I HAVE to do this by Dec. 31, open it , that is, per the IRS phone agent today. I can contribute up to April 15. I would rather open this second Keogh acct myself, without the financial planner. How can I do that? Same way as you all told me earlier, by contacting something like Vanguard myself on line? Does it have to be totally separate from my other one, which I eventually want to change to control myself, also. Thanks.

meowhinnnnying

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

The Retire Early Home Page
Discussion on accelerating retirement day.
Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement