Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: bottlecapman One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 174  
Subject: Opinions of FAF Date: 5/17/2001 3:56 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hi ya'll,

I'm considdering a job with FAF. I'm trying to get a sound understanding of this company. Do you guys think as far as their technology, (thats where my job will lie), this company is way behind..or is ahead of the game? Is this company, in general, going down or on the uppity up? From all these messages and talk of scandals I can't get a clear sense of this place. I would really appreciate your opinions! Thanks everyone!

bottlecap
Print the post Back To Top
Author: reid1117 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 153 of 174
Subject: Re: Opinions of FAF Date: 5/25/2001 2:05 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
For Bottlecap

Hi!

I read a very complimentary article about FAF in Forbes - probably around the end of 98. The main point they made was that FAF was not a company selling title insurance but a company preparing - and well on its way - to sell information.

Sorry I can't be more specific.

I'm sure there's a lot of good info out there - Value Line Reports or S&P - both available at your local library, I'm sure - will provide a decent analysis of the company.

Hope this helps.

And good luck on the job!

reid1117

Author: reid1117 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 154 of 174
Subject: Re: Opinions of FAF Date: 5/25/2001 2:10 PM
Hi again!

Looking at the price chart of FAF, since I bought at around 12 - I'd say the Forbes article was probably end of 99 not end of 98.

reid1117

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement