UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: jmg0608 One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75626  
Subject: Opinions on Armchair Millionaire Strategy? Date: 10/27/1999 9:22 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Can the strategy advocated by www.armchairmillionaire.com be considered a foolish idea? You think there is a better approach?

I'm a relatively new fool. Opened by first S&P index fund and will start a F4 port in December. Wondering if I should incorporate some of their ideas into my financial plans.

James
Print the post Back To Top
Author: BluesH One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 14893 of 75626
Subject: Re: Opinions on Armchair Millionaire Strategy? Date: 10/28/1999 12:40 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Can the strategy advocated by www.armchairmillionaire.com be considered a foolish idea? You think there is a better approach?

There's nothing wrong with it -- it's pretty basic stuff, actually. Fund your retirement plan. Save money. Take advantage of compounding. Etc.

Their advice stops where TMF is just starting. Their investment choices are limited to index funds, which are a good start, but you're already planning to go farther with F4. IMHO, you'd do better reading up on the Fool's advice. First, read their 13 steps to investing at http://www.fool.com/School/13Steps/13Steps.htm, which already gets you farther than your armchair millionaire's advice. Follow this up with our own TMF Pixy's retirement planning advice at http://www.fool.com/retirement/retirement.htm, and, with an hour or so of reading, you'll be light years ahead of the site you found. IMHO, of course.

Bob H, aka Blues

Author: JLC Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 14910 of 75626
Subject: Re: Opinions on Armchair Millionaire Strategy? Date: 10/28/1999 8:47 PM
<<Can the strategy advocated by www.armchairmillionaire.com be considered a foolish idea? You think there is a better approach?>>

Haven't read their site in a long time but it could be considered basic foolishness. Like algebra is to calculus. Not bad ideas, just "being" the market. Go to the Fool's School and learn to "beat" the market.

JLC

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement