Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: SkafenAmtiskaw Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 12  
Subject: Opinions on BTO? How do you make assessment? Date: 2/5/1999 2:44 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 4
I'm wondering if anyone has an opinion on BTO. It's down about 30% over the last year, which seems contrary to the merger mania that was seen in the banking world (although I don't believe any of BTO's holdings were bought or merged).

More importantly, how do you assess this fund? I'm not sure how to apply foolish analysis tools to a bank fund like BTO. It's kind of perplexing.

Thanks,
Skafen
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFBalder Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9 of 12
Subject: Re: Opinions on BTO? How do you make assessment Date: 3/3/2000 6:31 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
<< I'm wondering if anyone has an opinion on BTO. It's down about 30% over the last year, which seems contrary to the merger mania that was seen in the banking world (although I don't believe any of BTO's holdings were bought or merged).

More importantly, how do you assess this fund? I'm not sure how to apply foolish analysis tools to a bank fund like BTO. It's kind of perplexing.

Thanks,
Skafen >>

Hi Skafen

I own BTO. You analyze it by comparing it to it's brethren. For me it's a sector play, pure and simple. It saves me from having to choose from among a dozen or so bank/S&L stocks. So I'm reduced to one decision: Buy, Sell or Hold.

Foolishly,
Peter Lincoln
TMF BALDer

Author: genesohn Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 11 of 12
Subject: Re: Opinions on BTO? How do you make assessment Date: 4/27/2001 12:21 PM
Recommendations: 0
Hello,

My mother bought shares of BTO for me a few years back, and until recently any mailings for that fund were going to some black hole because I had to change it recently to my current one.

What I'm having trouble with is where to find research about this fund, so I don't even know what to think about it. How do you know that it's a sector finance fund? Should I be just waiting for mailings? Is there a prospectus online somewhere that I'm just not looking hard enough for? Any pointers?

Thanks!!

:)

Gene

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement