UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: tharbold One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 37587  
Subject: Opinions on NFCU brokerage services? Date: 4/30/2008 8:44 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Fellow fools,

I'd like to hear some opinions/thoughts from those of you who have used or are using NFCU's brokerage services.

I am currently using TDAmeritrade for my IRAs and trading accounts - but as an NFCU member I am considering consolidating my accounts to NFCU and using their brokerage services. (I've been an NFCU member since 1987 and they always seem to come through for me with the best auto loan rates, mortgage rates, top quality service, etc.)

So to those of you with first hand knowledge of NFCU's brokerage accounts: Should I switch? Do their brokerage services provide the same level of quality and value that their other products do?

Thanks in advance for sharing you knowledge,
Todd
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFDj Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 33827 of 37587
Subject: Re: Opinions on NFCU brokerage services? Date: 5/19/2008 3:32 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I'd like to hear some opinions/thoughts from those of you who have used or are using NFCU's brokerage services.

Navy Federal Credit Union (NFCU) is a credit union. It holds Securities Investor Protection Corporation (SIPC) from the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) as a baseline insurance, like all other brokerages. It has commissions and fees like all other brokerages. The questions in your mind should be, "Can it execute transactions as fast as most other brokerages;" does it offer insurance besides SIPC; and how do its commissions and fees compare with competitors?

The answers to these questions can be found on NFCU's website and with calls to their customer service line.

Since you are or were in the military, you can compare NFCU to USAA or any other brokerage that catches you eyes.

TMFDj

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement