Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
My brother in law has offered to sell me his 2001 Suzuki Intruder 800 with about 20K miles on it for $2000. I can even make payments if I want.... I am tempted, to say the least....

Mike in NJ
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
No brainer. Weren't you wishing for this only two short weeks ago?
My brother in law has offered to sell me his 2001 Suzuki Intruder 800 with about 20K miles on it for $2000. I can even make payments if I want.... I am tempted, to say the least....

Mike in NJ

You should be out riding your new Suzuki by now...
You should be out riding your new Suzuki by now...

I can't yet. Her cousin from Tokyo is still here visiting with us.
No. of Recommendations: 1
Mike in NJ

-----

Do it, to say the least.

Times a-wastin'... summer solstice is today!

ten
OCD; summer solstice is tomorrow!
Done deal! I got the bike the other day, and it is running a little rough. My BIL seems to think that everything is fine, and I didn't want to look a gift horse in the mouth right in front of him, but I could tell it needed a tune-up from the backfiring it had, plus the fact that he has to ride it with the choke full open all the time. One of the front forks was leaking fluid, and the brakes squeak pretty bad, but I got it to the shop yesterday and they will let me know what's what soon enough. I just hope it isn't too much.....!

One question- do any of you guys ever feel your hands going numb after riding for a while? The shop I took it to was about 40 minutes away, and my hands kept losing feeling. It didn't feel good, and I had to keep letting off the throttle in order to shake it out and get feeling back. Is this common? Is there a fix for it? Thanks!

Mike in NJ
One other thing- the chrome is starting to look pretty dull, can you guys recommend something to bring it back to its original shine? Looks like a plastic bag or something burned onto one of the pipes, too, and I'd like to get that off...

Mike in NJ
One question- do any of you guys ever feel your hands going numb after riding for a while? The shop I took it to was about 40 minutes away, and my hands kept losing feeling. It didn't feel good, and I had to keep letting off the throttle in order to shake it out and get feeling back. Is this common? Is there a fix for it? Thanks!

Mike in NJ

Hi Mike

You mentioned the bike is running rough and I have a feeling you are absorbing the engine vibrations through the throttle which could easily cause the numbness. Once your mechanic adjusts the bike it should go away. That has been my experience anyway... Further guessing tells me the fuel might have gone bad from sitting too long since the choke needs full open. Most likely the vibration issue is related to lack of maintenance.

Let us know what the mechanic says.

joey
One other thing- the chrome is starting to look pretty dull, can you guys recommend something to bring it back to its original shine? Looks like a plastic bag or something burned onto one of the pipes, too, and I'd like to get that off...

Mike in NJ

Before I had installed foot guards on my bike my boot heels would melt onto the pipes. So I tried Easy-Off oven cleaner figuring the pipes were hot and that stuff is made for an oven and it worked. I haven't had the dull chrome issue though, sorry.
Advertisement