UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: FNeil Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 265926  
Subject: option expirations Date: 1/23/2013 2:29 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Does it make sense to "ladder" option expirations as you would bond maturities?

Thanks,
FNeil
Print the post Back To Top
Author: pauleckler Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 260413 of 265926
Subject: Re: option expirations Date: 1/23/2013 5:22 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Maybe to provide steady income so long as they all expire unexecuted.

But keep in mind all of them could execute at once if the market makes a major move. That is far different from laddered maturity bonds which serve to stabilize income over an extended period.

Author: FNeil Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 260444 of 265926
Subject: Re: option expirations Date: 1/25/2013 1:27 PM
Thanks for the reply. It seems like not enough of them make it to expiration to make it worth worrying about.

FNeil

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement